Using Google Trends for Better SEO
Many SEO specialists love to use free SEO tools to optimize websites and increase their ranking among search engines. However, some fail to take advantage of Google Trends. This is a free and highly versatile tool available for SEO purposes. Google Trends launched in 2016 to provide online marketers valuable information about individuals’ Internet searches. Read on to understand the proper way of using this tool — for discovering trends and more!
Here are some tips to get started:
1. Keyword Research – The most obvious SEO-based use of Google Trends is keyword research. Since Trends does not give you the actual number of searches, this tool can work more efficiently when combined with Keyword Planner. Using Trends provides new keyword suggestions and relevant searches for different regions.
2. Right Niche Market – Finding the right niche market to focus your marketing effort is essential. Take, for example, “beauty.” This is a huge niche, consisting of subsets like: skin and hair care products, weight-loss products, makeup, and many more. Categorize specific keywords and filter them based on your targeted locations. Analyze trending topics before finalizing keywords.
3. Brand Monitoring – Google Trends provides information on the relevance of your brand changes. The data help you determine if you need to invest more in branding efforts. Use Google Adwords Keyword Planner to get the number for the search volume. Trends rates search queries from 0 to 100 according to their importance and relevance.
4. Content Creation and Marketing – Content is vital to website success and will remain so for many years to come. Google Trends provides business owners an idea about trending topics that interest people. Formulate your content around those topics to garner greater readership and more clicks.
Using Google Trends Data
After learning what your target customers are looking for on the web, there are three things you can do with the data:
- Embed the data in a graphic form.
- Share the graph on various social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn.
- Download it in CSV format
Effective use of Google Trends maximizes your SEO efforts. If you want to make informed decisions for your business website and improve overall search engine rankings, call me at 1-877-689-5268 or (416) 888-8756 to explore the possibilities of SEO online marketing. A professional team can help you achieve this year’s goals.