Maximizing Your Content Optimization Strategy
Brand marketing is crucial for any business. Successful marketing campaigns increase customer retention, acquire new customers, and maximize return on investment (ROI). Since the advent of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), both small and large entrepreneurs have largely abandoned advertising through print media — instead, they are promoting their businesses on the Internet through website optimization and social media outreach.
Diving into the world of SEO can be a daunting task, especially when choosing the right SEO strategy for your business’ needs and goals. When it comes to on-page SEO, the goal is to attract customers with your content and properly optimize the website to rank well in the search engine results. This way, you get more organic traffic.
How Content Optimization Works
Highly optimized page content ranks better than non-optimized content on search engine result pages (SERPs). This effort involves attention to certain nuanced details, including content, HTML, and backlinks.
Content optimization is not simply about adding keywords and writing meta-descriptions — it is also about building trust through clear intent, quality, and authority. Its should boost content visibility and distribution and attract five key audiences:
- Customers – promoting prospects and repeat business
- Social Media – improving online presence and building followers
- Influencers – garnering attention from experts, micro-influencers
- Search – getting first page results through Google, YouTube, voice search
- Your Business – guiding visitors to continue communicating through email registration, lead qualifications, and sales
Here are some strategies to reach your five key audiences.
OPTIMIZE CONTENT FOR:
- Customers – Regardless of your content quality and amount of website traffic, if potential customers cannot find your content, you lose a prime opportunity to acquire leads and build sales.
- Determine the needs of your audience by creating a marketing persona.
- Use the five basic content types to provide your audience with a variety of options.
- Add attractive images, videos, audio, and PDFs.
- Choose legible, 12-point size fonts.
- Include your brand in the content.
- Write short, clear sentences.
- Use bullets or numbers to highlight important information.
- Social media – To boost social media content distribution, integrate social media sharing and use organic and paid social media.
- Add “share” buttons and use preformatted tweets to make it easy for readers to share your content.
- Incorporate pinnable images.
- Focus on sharing your page content through appropriate social media channels within the first three days after publication.
- Respond to every customer’s comments and reviews (positive and negative).
- Influencers – Referring to influencers and getting their attention is a great way to develop and improve the distribution of your content.
- Refer to influencers or trusted sources in content to add credibility.
- Publish guest posts on other reputable blogs.
- Create a personal network in advance and get input from influencers.
- Search Functions – Optimize each web page’s content to create an entry point for your business. Keep in mind that you only have 10 to 20 seconds to engage readers before they leave your page.
- Mobile responsiveness is key; if your page runs slowly for mobile devices, visitors will “bounce.”
- Develop optimized, 1500-word, in-depth content that provides relevant information to readers.
- Add an on-site search box to help visitors navigate your web pages easily.
- Focus on one keyword phrase for page content.
- Include a single keyword or long-tail keyword in title, URL, and meta-description.
- Speed up page load times.
- Cite credible external sources to boost content trustworthiness.
- Improve user experience (UX) to reduce bounce rate.
- Show site architecture to help readers and search engines determine the most important pages on your website.
- Optimize images and videos.
- Avoid duplicate content to eliminate reader and search engine confusion.
- Your business – Optimizing your content promotes customer engagement.
- Include a call-to-action for customers who are ready to make a purchase.
- Add links to your products so that customers can review them before buying.
- Link your blog to related content and keep readers engaged.
- Add the most popular blogs or top-selling products to the right side column of your home page.
- Include your contact number, email address, and physical address to help customers contact you easily.
- Share your blog posts via feeds.
Effective content optimization is a great tool to boost visibility on the web and get more new customers. Understanding where your website ranks, and then get to work on your content optimization.
If you need the help of an SEO expert in Canada and the U.S. to get more clicks, calls, and conversions, call John Vuong: (416) 888-8756 or 1-877-689-5268, or send me a message through this contact form.