Major Challenges Experienced by SEO Professionals
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a constantly shifting strategy. As the SEO landscape evolves, so do the techniques used to get your client websites ranked on the first page of Google searches. The average business owner doesn’t have time to stay on top of all these details. Companies that used to have top ranking may wonder why their online presence is slipping, and ask their SEO advisors what’s happening. In this instance, it’s time to do an audit of current SEO efforts and make some changes.
Here are some frequent SEO challenges businesses face:
1. Project Management – Successful SEO professionals are organized. There are various campaign demands, schedules to keep, and quality controls. To manage these challenges, create and stick to a project management structure. Strong SEO doesn’t happen overnight, nor is it achieved with a one-person team. Share tasks with your staff, document the process, and chart your progress.
2. High Standards for User Experience – In the past, search engines gave a lot of weight to content quality on websites. While that continues to be important, Google is currently giving more credence to user experience (UX). To achieve optimum UX, your client sites need to:
- Load quickly
- Have a clear layout
- Be easy to navigate
- Use re-sized (not “heavy”) images and graphics
3. Unexpected Drop in Ranking – Sometimes, search engine algorithm changes can affect a client’s site ranking. To be able to overcome this challenge, have a protocol to investigate and evaluate the possible factors motivating a drop. Then, rescue the ranking.
4. Handling Adversity – Even with extensive preparation and professionalism, you still might encounter obstacles (e.g. leasing issues, staff turnover, aggressive competitors, loss of clients, failure of clients to pay). To rise from adversity, you have to be flexible, creative, and open to new strategies.
The SEO industry offers great rewards to driven and passionate professionals. Entrepreneurship, creativity, thirst for knowledge, and technical prowess can help SEO companies achieve success for their clients. However, everyday challenges are commonplace, especially as the SEO business continues to evolve.
If you’re a small to medium-sized business handling your SEO “in-house” and the effort is becoming too time-consuming, call an expert local SEO expert for advice and support. Call me at 416-888-8756 or 1-877-689-5268.