Increase Website Traffic with Content
You’ve probably heard the adage “Content is king.” While quality content can bring traffic to your site, it also provides value and keeps your target audience engaged. A website is often measured by search engines based on the information it provides to visitors. Is crucial for “webpreneurs” to understand this logic, the search engine(s) rules, and the importance of content marketing and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
You want to drive organic website traffic. Here are some effective techniques to boost that traffic through the posting of valuable content:
1. Write “Evergreen” – In order to attract a target audience to your website, your content should be evergreen. This means sharing information that is continually relevant over time.
Hint: When posting content on your website, avoid putting dates on your blog posts. Your audience might believe that older posts are no longer relevant.
2. Catchy Headlines – Content with catchy headlines make catches reader attention. It is a proven strategy that entices people to click on — and read — your blog posts.
3. Informative – People often search the internet to find solutions to their problems For instance, if you offer pest control services, identify common questions/search queries your target customers may have (e.g. “how to get rats out of my house”) and offer solutions. Use your knowledge and expertise to build customer confidence and trust.
4. Consistent Blogging – Writing genuinely helpful and informative content keeps readers looking forward to your next blog posts. Regular blogging boosts website traffic in a number of ways:
- Inspires traffic from those who liked what you wrote previously
- Readers/customers who trust you return to the site
- Organic traffic is garnered from repeat visits
- Traffic is converted into sales
5. How-To Videos – Many successful and thriving businesses are based on their ability to solve their customers’ problems. Some customers dislike reading long blog posts, so mix up your offerings with videos (you can also link them on YouTube) to keep them engaged.
6. Easy-to-Read – Some potential customers are simply skimming content for information and not reading the entire post. Prevent them from leaving the website because of blocked text. Optimize your content for easy readability with:
- bulleted text
- shortened paragraphs and sentences
- adding relevant images
Content optimization allows readers to easily digest information, reduces “bounce” rates (readers leaving the site without viewing all content), and encourages more customers to visit your website more often.
Effective use of content can boost organic traffic and improve your website’s search engine ranking. Good content marketing strategies take time. Have patience, and you’ll see results.
If you are looking for an SEO professional in Toronto to help grow your business through content marketing, call me at (416) 888-8756 or 1-877-689-5268. You can also send me a message through my online contact form.