Facebook Features Help Local Business
Facebook is not just for connecting and interacting with friends. You can use this popular social media site (at no cost) as part of your digital business’ marketing plan. Facebook has various built-in features that are useful for local small- and medium-sized businesses. When small businesses struggle with time and budget in their marketing endeavours, they can reap the benefits of using a free social media site.
Facebook has over 1.8 billion users, making it a convenient place for a business to promote itself to a large number target customers. With some basic knowledge, you can find new customers and clients in your area.
Here are some Facebook features to help make an online impact for your business:
1. Location Pages – If your company has more than one office or place of business, Facebook’s Location Pages can help potential customers find you. Some of its perks are:
- Customized blog content based on area
- Local customers quickly find your business
- Ad creation based on a specific location
- Management and organization for all locations
- Customized check-ins for customer locale
2. Facebook Product Shop – This feature helps business owners promote and sell products and/or services directly from a Facebook page. Setting up a product shop is relatively easy. Buyers can directly purchase from your page or “check out” on your website. Data gathered from the Audience Insights tool can help you run ads to target potential customers and boost sales.
3. Facebook Advertising – Posting a Facebook ad does not have to be costly. It is an effective way to boost your brand’s visibility online. This feature’s demographic and location targeting also allow you to share your message with a target audience.
4. Local Awareness Ad – This type of advertising helps local business reach a larger number of potential customers in the area. The feature allows ads to be displayed in the News Feeds of targeted customers. These ads usually come with a “call to action” to send traffic to your website.
5. Facebook Live/Videos – Facebook Live helps broadcast your brand’s message from your mobile device straight to the News Feed. Facebook Live gets shared three times more than traditional videos. Below are some helpful ideas to leverage the use of this feature:
- Restaurants promote their latest menus
- Share a video of your store and stock on the shelves
- Highlight new products
- Publicize details of a sale or promotion
Are you properly using Facebook features to increase your business’ online presence? Small and mid-size business owners can benefit from help of a professional social media specialist to navigate social media and get maximum value for your effort.
If you want to create an effective social media marketing strategy, call me at (416) 888-8756 or 1-877-689-5268.