5 2021 Content Marketing Resolutions You Should Make Today
It’s a new year, and we all know what that means: New Year’s resolutions. Personal resolutions are a common custom, but there’s nothing stopping you from making resolutions for your business, particularly when it comes to your content marketing. Sometimes, it helps to take a step back and revise your strategy, and the new year is a great time to do just that. Here’s a shortlist of some content marketing tips you can use to help you update your marketing approach and start strong this year.
- Invest in imageryThere’s more to carrying out a great content marketing plan than having informative, well-written articles. Images are a great way to underline the points you want to make and back up what you’ve written. Images help your audience visualize what you’re telling them, making it easier to grasp the concept and find out how you can help. Take a look online and shop around for high-quality images you can use in your content marketing platforms, like your website, social media, or brochures. You can also take things to the next level by creating videos. Videos are a dynamic and hands-on medium that can offer some interesting ideas for content creation, so give it some thought.
- Reflect on your posts, both the good and the badOne great way to improve your content moving forward is to think about what worked and what didn’t. Look back through your social feeds to identify posts that look promising. Things to keep an eye out for include spikes in traffic around certain posts or pieces being shared by your audience. These signs are often indicators that those posts resonated with viewers. Try creating content in a similar vein to pin down what your audience is responding to and improve future content. The more you can understand what works for your content, the easier it is to tailor it to your target audience
- Focus on quality, not quantityOne strategy that often works for content creation is making less, but more high-quality content. Many smaller businesses can feel pressured to make more content to keep up, but it’s often better to scale back instead. Focus on making more targeted content that meets the needs of your particular audience. Sometimes, it’s not about having the most content, it’s about having content that addresses their concerns and gives them convenient solutions to simple problems. Keep that in mind to help guide you toward achieving this year’s content marketing goals.
- Mix things up a littleEven the most well-oiled machine can get a little stale, so it helps to leave some room in your marketing strategy for some experimentation. Taking risks can often lead to interesting opportunities for your content marketing, so don’t be afraid to try something new this year. Keep an eye out for writing prompts to give yourself some fresh ideas, or experiment with other formats like images or videos to give your audience something new when they tune in for fresh content.
- Plan for disruptionsIf there’s anything the last year taught us, it’s that things don’t always go according to plan. Whatever you’re planning for 2021, be flexible to make it easier to adapt to any sudden changes. Sometimes, it’s a good idea to actually seek out disruptions to your best-laid plans. Maybe something out of your control forces you to come up with new and more exciting ideas that you ordinarily wouldn’t have considered. Be prepared for any unexpected circumstances so you can seize any opportunities as they come.